Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review: Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

Good evening and happy Sunday! I have to be honest, I just spent the last few hours prepping dinner and some meals for the work week and I was going to skip today's post, but felt I should at least get a short one up!

This evening, before my shower, I'm doing an Origins face mask called Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores.

It's charcoal or black in colour, thick and creamy in consistency and sets up like a clay mask. 
My dog seems to be a bit frightened of my appearance, I have caught her staring at me with wide eyes! I picked up the 10ml trial size from Sephora for $5 and have been able to get 3 full masks out of it and I still have enough for a fourth or a few spot treatments. 
Below is the product information found on the Sephora website:


What it is: 
A mask with activated charcoal to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers. 

What it is formulated to do: 
When environmental toxins, dirt, and debris get under your skin, its waste-filtering system gets jammed, pores get clogged, and skin looks cloudy. Nature's complexion clean-up crew gets to the bottom of skin's overcast condition and clears the way for it to act its best. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT: 
- Parabens 
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know: 
Activated charcoal acts like a magnet to draw out deep-dwelling pore-cloggers. White China clay absorbs environmental toxins, and lecithin dissolves impurities. Without all that stuff down there, skin breathes a sigh of relief. Best for all skin types.


So now to give you my opinion: I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I have to be very careful of what goes on my face. This is the reason I purchased the trial size first to test it out. I had heard great things about the brand Origins but this is the first product I have tried. The mask goes on thick like any clay mask but has a bit of a gel feel so it is easy to spread over your face. Once it starts to set the colour fades to grey, from charcoal, and gets really tight. I prefer to put it on before I shower, I give it 15-30 minutes to harden and work its magic and than I wash it off in the shower, just seems easier and less messy this way. I have had no issues with this product causing any rashes or reactions. It has left my skin feeling soft and clean and refreshed. I do have some problem areas on my chin and nose where my pores are larger and dark, I have yet to notice a dramatic improvement or change in their appearance. I have only used this mask once a week for the last three weeks, so it is possible it may take a few more treatments to really get all the gunk out (ew sorry, yuck)! I will definitely purchase this product again. I have been very impressed at how many masks I have gotten out of the tester size, the next size up is a 50ml tube for $21 and I can imagine it would last you a very long time. I have read reviews that people do not like the scent of the mask but it is not an issue for me at all, it's not something I even noticed and seems like a subtle herbal smell. I like the way my skin feels after using this mask and hope that I do notice an improvement in my pores after continued use. I hope this review has helped you discover a new product or encourages you to do a face mask,

Teal next time...xoxo

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment