Sunday, February 14, 2016

Smoothie Sunday

Happy Sunday and Happy Valentine's Day!! 
Hopefully you have all had a great day and weekend. It's been so rainy and dreary around here that it's been a movie marathon kind of weekend. And that is quite okay by me, staying cozy and watching movies is one of my favourite past times! Today's blog is short and sweet and all about smoothies. I go through phases where I am really into smoothies/shakes and than I stop making them. I am currently trying to get back into smoothies for breakfast. They are a great way to get protein, greens and nutrient dense foods packed all in an easy to digest liquid form. I usually stick with my favourite go-to: frozen blueberries, fresh spinach leaves, one or half a banana, plain almond milk and/or plain regular or Greek yogurt. Sometimes I change it up and skip the yogurt keeping it dairy free, adding seeds like chia, using chocolate almond milk or cocoa powder or peanut butter. There are so many different recipes and versions out there, I have lots of yummy looking ones on my healthy food board on Pinterest. Today I tried my standard smoothie with the addition of frozen peaches, delicious! 
I would love to hear what your favourite smoothie is or know which ones you have been thinking of trying. I would like to make a chocolate and peanut butter flavoured one next!
Thanks for visiting my blog and,
Teal next time....xoxo
Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting, makes me want to get into morning smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy! Thanks for your comment dad, glad it worked for you this time!

      Delete